Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Today Was

One of those days. You know the day…..
-Where your feet feel like lead and walking is a huge inconvenience.
-When you wake up in the morning and your bed is begging you to stay.
-When you pushed snooze on your alarm clock three times this morning and told yourself “I’ll wash my hair tomorrow”, but you said that yesterday, and the day before… Gross.
Snapshot_20110816_10Snapshot_20110816_11
*I had to put my hat on really quick to cover up my 4 day’s worth of greasy hair. Sorry*
-When you get home from work just after midnight, and have to be right back there 9 hours later.
-When your friend makes a very poor choice of where to sit to eat lunch. News flash, it was 105 degrees today and you are wearing a sweater and jeans. Don’t sit outside.
-When you eat all your lunch, and your lead feet became even heavier and the bed you left behind  is screaming at you to come home.
-Or when you "touch up" your nail polish just to make it worse. Like 100x's.
-When you really wish you learned to sleep standing up.
-Where traffic was out. of. control. on the way home.
-When you called your dad to remind him you are still alive and he say’s “Maybe I’ve just been reading your blog so I feel like I’ve talked to you lately”, but in reality you haven’t talked to him since he dropped  you off at the airport three weeks ago.
-Or When your mom said that she will talk to you on the weekend because she’s just too busy this week.
-When you got home from work and your dog had chewed on your kitchen table more, but you felt too bad to punish him because he was out of water and it’s 83 degree’s in your house.
IMG_5385
-When, an hour after getting home from work, it’s still 83 degrees in your house, and you are still wearing a sweater.
-Or when a piece of Ooey Gooey Butter Cake magically made it’s way onto a plate, joined with a fork, and then disappears into a big black whole called “my belly”.
IMG_5390IMG_5387
-When you don’t want to eat left over’s for dinner, and going to get something is too much effort?
-When you just want to sit and watch season one two and three of The Office because you love Jim Halpert so much it’s probably unhealthy?

Oh, you don’t have days like that? Well… then this is kinda awkward…
But if you do, I want to hear about them! Please!!


And I’m proud to say I just spent the last 30 minutes laughing my butt off at these youtube clips from The Office

4 comments:

Single-Mother Land said...

Oh my gosh. I seriously could NOT get my fat butt out of bed this morning. And I had a milkshake for lunch and a cannoli for dinner. hahaha
It was definitely one of those days for me too...

Megan Marie said...

the kitchen chair!!! i love your blog! your wedding photos are so beautiful!

tanandmeg.blogspot.com

The Bergeson Family said...

OH! Your poor kitchen table! So sad.... I have a black hole called my belly - things are constantly lost to it. Like, hotdogs, potato chips, pasta and stolen candy from Britta's easter stash - sad, i know!

Nicole said...

Those first three things are pretty much every. single. day of my pregnant life. But then it is painful to stay in bed too so I force myself (and by force I mean literally roll) out eventually. Last night we went on a "walk" more like a hike to a park that Cody said was "up the hill" but what he didn't tell me was like 300+ steps up a mountain and it was probably 85 deg and 80% humidity so any amount of clothes felt like a sweater and jeans on a 105 deg day for sure. I'm still adjusting to the humidity--yah right, will I ever really adjust? Also, I can't get over how strong that dog's bite is! Wow. Anyway, sorry you had such a crummy day; I would LOVE to talk to you, so call me please because I was thinking I haven't talked to you since you left for the airport either!!!!