Sunday, August 14, 2011

Natural Disaster: Hub Style

Today, while debating my writers block a disaster struck. It wasn't a huge one, but it's definitely one for the books.

Our pool is a bit problematic. It sits right in the north-west corner of our yard. It also happens that the neighbors to the north and the west have tree's that hang out a little too close to our pool. This causes the pool to be gross 95% of the time. Hub has tried everything. I mean e v e r y t h i n g g g g g. He has taken samples of the water to the pool store, just to have them tell him that the chemicals are great, it's the filter that's the problem. So he changed the sand in the filter, just to have the land lords tell him that they changed it not to long ago, but it's probably time to drain it and refill it. He has watched many many many youtube videos on how to keep a pool clean, change the sand, shock it back into usable conditions etc, etc, etc. I think he loves to hate it, and that's why he keeps doing what he's doing. We've talked about draining it and starting completely over, but who can honestly say they want to pay to fill up someone else's 1700 gallon pool? Not this girl, not this Hub. So here we are, a pool with perfect chemicals, but is slightly green and we (by we I mean Hub) can't control it. Does this stop us from swimming in it? Not on days when it's 115 outside and the house just isn't cool enough. Plus, who wouldn't want Chief to jump on them every 5 seconds while they were swimming?


*I took this picture the day we came to look at the house in December. I would kill to have it looking this good again.*

But today, today was like the first week that we moved in. The pool hadn't been maintained in months, and leaves were falling and the entire thing was covered. Every night, Hub would spend a good hour just cleaning leaves out of the pool and one gust of wind later, he would be right back to where he started. Today there was a flash back. I had picked up the bedroom, and he went outside to play with pool chemicals and try to clean it up a bit. He swept the patio, pulled a few weeds, and cleaned out the pool. It was perfect, and for a split second I really just wanted to sit outside and enjoy the evening. Just when I was realizing that it was 7:00 and still 10000000 degrees, Hub sighed that ever so satisfied sigh of accomplishment, and then it happened. The ever so slightest gust of wind came by and blew a bunch of leaves in the pool. and then another, and then another, and if I didn't see it with my own eyes, I might not even believe that Hub spend so much time out there today. He threw the net on the ground and came inside. All he said was "Every time".

*This picture was actually taken just after we moved in in December. The day before it looked exactly like this, and didn't get better for awhile*

How do we (Hub) deal with this?! Is anyone out there willing to be our pool guy for free?! I'll even let you swim in it for free... :) You can't resist swimming with Chief!

I hate to say it Hub, but my disaster's may be rubbing off on you... I'm sorry! Still love me?

PS. There were plans of having a video on this post, but I don't know how to do that! Help a Sista out!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I am loving all your new posts! They make me so happy. And you are hilarious btw. As for the pool... have you tried a pool cover inbetween uses and an awning over it during? Don't know the cost but may be worth looking into? Good luck! Jim's the man for trying to keep up on it so well anyway! I'm sure I would have given up a long time ago.

Also your day off sounds fabulous. Wish I could have a day like that with you! It was so much fun to hang with you again. Now it is your turn to come visit ME! :)