Wednesday, August 17, 2011

“Leave a Message and I’ll Call You Baaaaaaaaaaaack”

While I was driving home today a song came on the radio. It was Spiderwebs by No Doubt. Talk about throw back right?! I remember being in like 3rd grade a singing the chorus on my friends family answering machine. “I’m sorry I’m not home right now, I’m walking in a spider web, so leave a message and I’ll call you baaaaaaaaaaack”. (Yes I recited that from memory). I would get so upset when her mom would change it. Why, Bonnie?! WHY!? Would you judge me if I changed my cell phone answering machine to me rockin’ out to this song? Maybe I would just record the actual song and not hire a bunch of 9 year olds to sing it for me. But 9 year olds sure do know how to sing.

On another note, this happened in my life today. UPSET!
IMG_5398
This was my at like 11:30 this morning. I was getting ready to get in the shower, (Yes, getting ready to get ready) when I felt something weird when I went to itch my back. I had a heart attack. How nasty, how ugly, and how am I suppose to function with 3 different colors of skin right in one place! Tan line from my swim suit, tanned skin that’s not peeling, and then gross nasty underskin that’s tender and red. Blah.
As it turns out, life went on. While I was at work I couldn’t stop thinking about it. I would look at it, show people, and then peel. DON’T EVEN PRETEND YOU DON’T PEEL YOUR SUN BURN! It’s just so addicting. When I got home this evening around 10:00 pm, and looked in the mirror, this is what I saw.
 IMG_5418
Bllllllllllllllllllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh. It spread. I didn’t peel it THAT much! All my hard work is gone. and I’m depressed about it. I have Friday off, who’s coming over to lay out with me?! No one likes a pasty white wife! At least that’s what I tell myself, it’s perfect justification!

So, how do I stop this from spreading to the other side? Help a sista’ out! But more importantly, who’s coming to lay out with me on Friday?! Hub wont even care… Right hub?! :)

But in other really great news, my neighbors who live a few houses down have upgraded from tin foil covering their windows, to blinds! Now their super cute house can be even super duper cuter. Annnnnnnd when I drive by I wont be blinded by the sun reflecting off the tin foil into my retina's. A win win for everyone involved! Yay, neighbors, yay!!!

2 comments:

meg said...

Kens i love your blog! I HATE when i peel and cant stand to leave it alone so I pull out my handy dandy duct tape and just peel it off all at once! My husband calls me weird, I call me smart.

Jim and Kensley said...

Oh my gosh Megan! That's the best idea I've ever heard!! I've tried putting tons of lotion on it to make it not peel, but that's not working so well! Duct tape, good option.