Friday, September 23, 2011

Huggy Huggy Squishy Squishy

Where do I even begin bloggy world? I’ve been super busy lately with it being premier week on TV and all. I just couldn’t rip myself away from the tv long enough to write a post. But don’t worry, I’m all caught up on my favorite shows and I’ve got two hours before I have to start getting ready for work so I am alllllll yours :)

 

Let’s get caught up. Last Thursday, Taylor and I had the day off, Hub had school AND class so we needed some mega all day entertainment and boy oh boy did we get it! After hearing about how terrible of a cousin I am we spent the day with Paige and the babies! It was so much fun. I got to cuddle with baby Porter all day.

IMG_4299

And watch toddler small adult Preston be nearly drowned by a professional for 10 minutes. Talk about heart wrenching. You can watch for yourself here.  After watching this video it doesn’t even compare to what happened last week! She like grabs his head and rolls him around in the water and he has to flip himself over so he can breath. It gives me such an anxiety attack. And no, he does not stop crying. I’d have to say, the high light of the trip to swim lessons is when Taylor “got wet” smelled her hands, and announced Preston had peed on her! I think he was just nervous as soon as he saw the pool. He knew that his life was potentially coming to an end.

IMG_4300

 

After this very traumatic experience we went back to the Cunningham’s and easily gained 10 lbs. There were fresh home grown tomatoes, a mega block of mozzarella cheese, and a few flats of raspberry’s! My FAVORITE! My ever so domestic Aunt Shelley was making homemade jam! After reading this post I have been craving to make it, but berry’s are so expensive at the store and there’s no self picking farms in Arizona… for good reason.

IMG_4337

Masterpiece? Yes. Paige made this for dinner. Little did we know that there would be dinner AND a show later, so we will count this as an appetizer.

 

While all this goodness was going on, Taylor, Aunt Shelley and I got hard to work mashing raspberries, setting timers, and testing jam. There were a few instances that made it clear to all of us why Shelley doesn’t step food in the kitchen… spraying yourself in the face with the water? It takes talent folks.

IMG_4335

A few hours later….

IMG_4333

IMG_4336

We wont admit that all these jars are a little sugary. It’s impossible to make some chuncky jam. The sugar doesn’t dissolve unless you actually crush all the raspberries, but I’m still eating it. I think the person that was the most impressed would be Taylor’s mom. She refused to believe that Taylor had actually slaved in the kitchen making her a surprise until I confirmed that it was, in fact, true. I knew I always liked her.

 

As we were just finishing up our last round of jars Carmen showed up with a true Mexican Fiesta. A Fiesta it was.

IMG_4302

Sorry the picture is blurry, but I just had to show it off! Let’s see, salad, homemade Italian dressing from boyfriend #1 of the evening, enchiladas, spicy salsa, rice, and beans.  I left so bad for Hub that he was in class and couldn’t join us… but we pretty well devoured it. It was so nice to have a home cooked meal that consisted of more then 2 things. I would really like to quote the dinner conversation word for word… but it would just be Carmen saying something, and Uncle Bob’s response would be “TMI”. We did, however, make a short list of appropriate things that were said…

 

“He’s intelligent because he works at Intel”

“We just huggy huggy squishy squishy”

“He likes the boys”

“He makes me so mad I could pinch his neck”

 

Yes this is a list of things that were said about different men that Carmen is dating. Maybe not the “he likes the boys”, but the rest are. The night ended with discussion’s about what we would do on Tuesday, the next day that Taylor and I had off. But I guess you’ll just have to stay posted to hear about that. No one get’s peed on this time… rats.

 

Ps What are everyone’s favorite show’s going to be this fall? Obviously Modern Family, and the office are at the top of my list, but Whitney was pretty funny, and the one with the one girl roommate and three boys roommates…. what’s it called? Eh. You know the one. I really wanted to watch PanAm but I missed that for sure.

 

PSS Hub is at work, and I really don’t feel like rereading my post to proof read it so Taylor, eat your heart out with my bad grammar, spelling errors and run on sentences.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

That looks like my kind of day!! How fun! It makes me miss the Cunninghams (and you--but that's a given). Is Carmen the new cook? Hilarious how open she is. I'd like to hear more... Also Porter is ADORABLE. I hope our little boy can be at least half as cute!! And Paige's caprese? Mmmm looks so amazing right now. Glad your taking advantage of your days off!

As for tv season.... we've been watching Agent Oso and Mickey Mouse, but I REALLY want to be watching Modern Family. We still haven't seen any of last season! Sad life, I know.

glen, paige, & baby preston said...

Best blog post ever!!!! Love this!!!! And nicole, isn't it time to move back already?!?!?! MERCY!!!! It's been FOREVER! We miss you!

xox