Monday, October 10, 2011

Holy Craft

To sum up in two words what’s been going on around our house lately: Holy Craft
That’s right, folks. This girl here has become some sort of domestic goddess.
I think a picture story would do it a lot more justice.
To start off… We got some new additions to our family…
IMG_4327
That’s right. I paid the pretty price of a plate of cookies for these bad boys. Isn’t the love seat just amazing?! We have the full length couch is in our spare bedroom. We tried to get it into the office, but the doorway to hall ratio is… well… off.

Now on to the food… There’s been lots of food in my life. We had Jen and Bryce over for the ASU football game, so naturally I had to attempt to make every bite size food possible! So I made Guacamole, salsa, Apple Dip, and I saw hopes of potato skins… but things didn’t go so well. Then last week, cousin Paige asked me to babysit for her. When I was on my way over to her house, she somehow tricked me into going to cooking class with her, so Glen, Paige, and I headed over to Whisked Away for some cooking lessons. Paige and I made bread pudding, and I’m still drooling over it.
IMG_4340IMG_4389IMG_4368IMG_4393
IMG_4373IMG_4362
After the cooking class I became a little bit more inspire. I made chicken pesto stuffed shells, and some other yummy chicken stuff. Both amazing. I’ve also made some not so  amazing things, but we don’t blog about our imperfections now do we?
Onto Projects….
Halloween is coming up… what? You didn’t know? So I pulled out the Fall candle’s and soaps that I bought…. oh a month ago?
IMG_4251IMG_4387
Aren’t they the cutest? Yes I have an obsession. I’m a SOAP SNOB as my husband has called me. :)
And say hello to our fall decorations. I’m so sad I forgot to take a picture of the witch towel my mom sent me last year. It’s seriously so cute!
IMG_4385IMG_4386
IMG_4381IMG_4384IMG_4383IMG_4382

But these are my personal favorites. I made both of them and I LOVE them. I want to make more and put them everywhere in my house. Tacky?
IMG_4349IMG_4351
Almost half way…. and finished! For now this one lives in the guest bathroom. The only problem is, I don’t use this bathroom enough.
IMG_4376
Jim and I have a really awkward space between our two mirrors and I’ve tried and tried to come up with something to put between them. Alas… I have found the perfect solution.
IMG_4346
Perfect right? I’m currently obsessed with quote printables. I don’t know why… but I just love them!
Last, but not least…. our front door.
IMG_4379IMG_4378
Wait your obsessed with coffee filter wreathes, printables, and moss letters too? I’m so happy I’m not alone.

What’s next?!

PS. Check out my sister in laws blog for amazing fall food!

6 comments:

Brooke Lewis said...

Ok-love your cute house and the decorations :) ps you need to post how you made your white fluffy wreath thing!

Nicole said...

So many things to say...
I'm so proud of your domestic-ness! Way to go, Kens! And to get out of babysitting to go to a cooking class. That's a killer trade! Love your apron by the way. So cute! Also, I love bread pudding. I have a pear recipe I have on my list of things to make that I'm dying to try. I've never had any with chocolate in it though and seeing the pictures, I'm thinking that is pure genius. Recipe, please? :) Super cute candles and soaps, and decorations!! Love them all! Also I could really go for a Reeses right now... my friend actually said she saw some in one of the stores here... I need to go track those babies down! I'm in love with your quote printables! Did you make them? Do you have a tutorial?? Adorable. Your frames between your mirrors are absolute perfection--they look incredible! Have I ever told you I love when you blog? Now we just need to find a time to skype again!! Maybe next week?

PS my sister had her baby! Four weeks early I think but they are doing good. It scares me to death though because I don't want Ridge to come for another four or maybe even five if I can help it!!

Nicole said...

Oh also thanks for the shout out! :)

Geezees Custom Canvas Art said...

you have such a cute house!!

Digger said...

These crafts are ADORABLE!!!! How fun!! I have a ton of ideas, but never seem to find the time. You've inspired to me to MAKE the time!! Thank you!!

Digger ~xoxo~
http://digdeeperdesign.blogspot.com

Megan Marie said...

you're house is looking soooo cute! great job you're doing!