Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Valentines in September

Sometimes I just don’t feel like I give the hubs enough credit. He’s so handsome, obviously, but he’s also an amazing trip planner/tour guide. Every trip we’ve ever been on consists of me complaining (I think, I imagine that’s the case) that I want to take a nap, and hub planning and paying for everything. If you live under a rock I’ll just fill you in that there is a day in February called Valentines day, and it’s made for husband to spoil the heck out of their wives…. or something to that extent.

 

Last year Hub set the bar pretty high… we were still dating and I had the day off (ok everyday was my day off, I didn’t have a job!) and I was at home working on homework projects all day so that we could go out that night. I was outside probably spray painting something, or drying some I had just glued and the doorbell range. When I got to it there were flowers, chocolates, and a teddy bear. The note said….

photo

(sorry it’s taken some beatings over the year) This was way before the “I love you” stage had even occurred, but I was happy. He told me to get dressed, up and we were going to dinner, but he wouldn’t tell me where. He came and picked me up and we were off. We went to City Hall Steak House and it was nothing short of amazing. I still dream about the butter cake that they had… and the 10 lbs. I gained from that one meal. On the way home, he asked me to get a pack of gum out of the glove box, and when I opened it there was no gum. Just a very pretty blue box with a white bow on it. It was the Tiffany’s bracelet I had merely mentioned to him MONTHS ago. He remembered. Like I said, Valentines day was invented to spoil your wife… or girlfriend at the time… and spoiled I was.

 

This year was no different, except I’m still holding on to those 10 lbs. from dinner, and we are married. When I got home from work on the 12th Hub went outside and brought in flowers and chocolate covered strawberries. I was perfectly content with just that! Isn’t he dreamy? Before I was done enjoying those he said “that’s not all” and walked me into the family room where he had a lovely looking resort in Sedona pulled up on his computer. He informed me that in the morning we would be headed there for an overnighter. I was so excited. I’d never been, but I’ve heard that it is amazing.

 

Flash forward to now, and I’m just getting around to blogging about it.

178

Being the true fat kids that we are, we stopped and got a box of munchkins from Dunkin’ Doughnuts to eat while we drove, and then passed a Wild Flower Bread Co. and I couldn’t resist the urge to insist we eat lunch before we went any further. And it was totally worth it.

183184

Meet my worst picture ever, the above left. I couldn’t help it though. Hub is so handsome, and we are very scares on pictures.

187

Not very often do we Arizonan’s get to use a fireplace! We were super excited!

190191

Needless to say, we ate until the cows came home… at every meal

193

We tried really hard to get a picture with this bridge… it kinda worked. Just look beyond the safety fence.

196

Slide rock… where I imagined our whole summer being spend. Slide rock: 0. Nordstrom: aprox. 1,000,000

 

This trip was so fun. It felt like we were gone for so long, but really we were only out of the city for a day. I love Sedona. It really is so nice to just go and relax. All the shops are interesting to say the least, and who doesn’t love a small town feel every no and then? We even walked away with two really cool pictures for our house. one has a home in our kitchen/hallway next to the door into the garage. The other… Well the other lives in our guest bathroom at the moment… unhung… and still in the plastic. I just can’t decide where to put it.

 

All in all… my Hub is the best. I’m happy to report that I’m still obsessed with him. I’m not so happy to report that Valentines Day wasn’t suppose to be the complete focus of this post. It was suppose to be a recap of important events that I don’t want to forget… but it got long.

 

So stay tuned internet… because just when you least expect it I’ll run out of things to blog about and then we will be talking about our one year anniversary. Yippy Skippy.

 

Am I the only one that does this? Totally forgets to document the really really important things, or puts it off forever? I should probably take some bad wife points on this one.

 

Better late than never?

1 comment:

Mommy said...

My husband served part of his mission in Sedona and only talks of great things there. We went to Glendale for Thanksgiving last year with his family hoping to get a day to visit Sedona but never got around to it. Looking at these pictures now I'm sad we missed out on it. Love you girl!