Wednesday, July 10, 2013

4 Months Old, And A Month Late

It's been so stinking long since I've blogged, and I miss my little blog!
Lot's has changed around here, and I'm loving it!
This little guy is changing everyday and he just keeps getting more and more fun!
Just writing all this makes me cringe because it's so cliche. 
So instead of catching the blog up on the last 4 months like a good blogger would,
I'm skipping to the here and now.
And the easiest way to do that is a bullet list.
Nixon is now 4 months old and it's so hard to believe!
IMG_5835
-Nixon now sleeps in his crib... in his own room... so far away from me. It's been an adjustment, harder than I thought it would be, but we are dealing.
-Just today he rolled over from his stomach to his back, 3 times.
IMG_5937
-When we went to his 4 month appointment they finally gave us the drugs for acid reflex. It tastes so nasty (I haven't tried it, but those faces he pulls are so sad, and it smells awful). At the appointment the doctor told me that I could start rice cereal right away because he needs the iron. I planned on waiting until he was 5 months but after seeing his those sad faces I decided that the rice cereal would be a good way to wash down the meds. So we started rice cereal, twice a day. Aaaaaaaaaand he hated it. Go figure. I put him in the tub right after and I'm not one to waste breast milk, so I figured what the heck, just shove it in his mouth while hes in the tub and he looooooooved it. I mixed the meds in the rice cereal and feed it to him in the bath tub, win win win. That leads me to my next point....
IMG_5873IMG_6066
-Knock on wood, he has slept through the night the past 2 nights, and once last week, and once the week before that. I think we are really getting this thing down.
-We just barely established a slight schedule. Nixon wakes up in the morning, is awake for an hour, and then is down for a nap. Until 5 we pretty much do whatever we want. Come 5 Nixon eats, has to take a 20 minute nap before 7, 7:30 is rice cereal/bath time, and 8 is nurse to sleep. So far, so good.
IMG_6026
-When Nixon see's Jim he automatically starts blowing bubbles. He loves his dad! He giggles for him way more then he giggles for me.
-We tried the cry it out method. He cried for an hour. I told myself before hand that an hour was the limit, and unfortunately we hit that limit.
-Nixon still hates the car. It's really fun.
-We've taken him swimming a few times and he really likes it! and by "really likes it" I mean he smiles if I work hard for it, and giggles on occasion. Most the time he's just straight face and bug eyed.
-We went to Utah at the beginning of the month and it was so fun! However, both flights were not the highlight of my life.
IMG_5949
That's about it, for now. 
Because now that I'm posting it, my baby will be 5 months on Monday!
EEK!
(I'm so bad at blogging)

No comments: