Friday, May 22, 2015

Rowe Lyn Ross


Rowe Lyn Ross
May 20,2015 2:17 AM
3lbs 14 oz 18.5in.

There has been so much debate going into this sweet baby's name. She's given us such a run for our money (literally) throughout this whole pregnancy we needed something that would fit her. She's been so fierce and strong through all of it she needed something unique. It's also no secret that I wanted her to have a different name. My name isn't "normal" and Nixon isn't exactly common either. We have been throwing names back and forth for weeks but when I heard Rowe for the first time I just knew it was meant for this baby. I wanted to name Nixon Rowland so bad, but when push came to shove he ended up as Nixon James because it sounded much better than Nixon Rowland, and James is family name in Jim's family. It's also Jim's first name. I have been determined that we were only going to have boys so baby #2 would be Rowland. Well, baby #2 is a girl! Before we even knew we were having a girl I decided I wanted a girl to be named after my dad's sister. While my mom was pregnant with my oldest brother Cody, my dad's parents and two sisters were in a terrible car accident. Both my grandparents were killed, along with his sister Jeanna Lyn who was going into her senior year in high school. I've always been so sad that they weren't around and we would never have a relationship with them. It's very safe to say that Lyn was decided before anything else. If a name we liked didn't fit with Lyn it was automatically off the list. When I was admitted to the hospital I had my mind made up that I needed this baby to be Rowe Lyn. There were other names tossed around but when it came down to it I couldn't give it up. Rowe after my maiden name, and Lyn after my dads sister. If you say them together you kind of get Rowland, and that's a win win win for me! After she was born and Jim was with her across the room I heard a nurse ask if this baby had a name and he said "Yes, Rowe" and that was one of the happiest moments of my life. Not only is it adorable, the meaning is even better. We love our healthy tiny baby Rowe and couldn't feel more blessed!!


No comments: