Wednesday, March 11, 2015

NYC Part II

As a disclaimer I’d like to say that it has taken me FOREVER to write these posts and add pictures. I pretty much refuse to proof read and edit them before I post them. As I go back and relive/reread them I’ll catch my many errors and fix them then. But for now, I sleep.
I was super excited for day two because we had some big big plans, but also just for the fact that we were going to be spending more time in The City! The girls, and Jim got up early to go see the Rockettes! Everyone was telling us that we needed to go see the shows and musicals while we were there and I honestly can’t think of a more miserable thing. I hate musicals, go ahead and judge me. But the Rockettes, THE ROCKETTES! That’s different! Amazing dancing with such precision, and a Christmas theme ta boot? Sign me up! Cody was planning on meeting up with us for lunch with the little boys but after some unexpected car trouble he ended up staying home all day with the boys. I’m sure there are thousands of other ways he would have rather spent the day, but he handled it and even got a few hours to himself while all the boys napped.
Funny side story. As we were getting ready to go I was throwing up in the bathroom and Ridge and Jade were down stairs and they were hearing everything. Nicole came down and as we were talking I mentioned that I didn’t feel well but I would be fine and it would go away. With the straightest most shocked face ever Nicole looked at me and said “Are you pregnant”? I will never forget her face! I said yes and there was lots of jumping and squeals and excited noises. I brought up the conversation the previous morning with the Tylenol and she couldn’t believe that she totally missed the signs! It was all pretty funny. Anyway…
IMG_0130




First stop, Radio City Music Hall! Amazing. Everything about it. And the Rockettes, I’m still speechless! Nicole enjoys Broadway shows and said that the Rockettes was probably the best production she’s ever seen, so that means something. Jim even enjoyed it! They are so talented and put on such a good show!
IMG_2163IMG_0068
IMG_2172IMG_2183
Second stop, the American Girl Store. I’ve never been to one, so that was also on my bucket list. Extra lucky for me, Jade had been working on earning money so that she could buy her very own doll. She finished up the week before we arrived and I was so excited to go with her! She knew exactly what she wanted and was the one to hand over the money at the register. She worked so hard and I’m so proud of her! It was so fun to walk around and look at how much of the stuff has evolved and changed over the years. I loved showing Jade the dolls that I have and all of the stuff I have to go with them! I had no idea how much stuff I really had. I would say this was probably a low point in Jims vacation. We were there for over an hour.
IMG_2185
We then walked around Rockefeller Plaza  and checked everything out around there. Sadly, we didn’t get to see the Today Show. I love the today show, I watch it every day! But we did peak inside the studio and got some treats across the street. We also stumbled into some really cool cathedrals across the street  and just enjoyed the hustle and bustle of the city.
IMG_2173IMG_0077IMG_2174
The Grand Finale, Top of the Rock. I had heard that the Top of the Rock had better views than the empire state and Nicole hadn’t done it before so we opted to do that over the Empire State. It did not disappoint and I don’t regret our decision one bit! I recommend it to everyone! Juuuuust maybe not in November, it was really cold. We timed it to being up there at sunset, and we BARELY made it in time. Had people not given us wrong directions with the elevators we would have had more sunlight/sunset time. It was still really good though. We just hung out up there, inside for awhile after walking around all day. We decided to get Pizza at Rays Pizza just outside of Time Square. It’s supposedly the first and original Ray Pizza and the best slice around. After that we were all pretty well beat and headed back to the suburbs for a good nights rest (and lots of kiss on that baby I missed!)
FullSizeRenderIMG_0099
IMG_0057
Day Three the car was fixed and we were headed into the The City once again! 4 kids, 4 adults, 3 strollers, and two cars.  Woof. We planned on taking it kind of easy, no set plans to accommodate the kids. We really wanted to see the windows on 5th Ave so that’s exactly what we did. We parked in about mid town near Grand Central and that’s where our journey began. We check out how amazing that place is, whispered at the wall, and ate at the food court. It was easy, and actually the first of three meals we enjoyed there. We eventually and made our way up up up 5th Ave to Barneys, across Central Park, and down 7th to Time Square. We had heard Barneys had the best window, and it did! It was, however, extremely out of the way. We went in and out of shops and enjoyed our, eh hem, SEVEN MILE JOURNEY through The City. I didn’t hear one complaint out of any of the kids either! Except maybe when we stopped at the American Girl store really fast and Tanner threw up all over himself, whoops. Cody and Nicole have raised some professional travelers that’s for sure.
IMG_2186IMG_2203IMG_0028IMG_0027
IMG_0080IMG_2190

Nixon, however, was kind of over the stroller by the time we got to (a very anticlimactic) Time Square. That boy just wanted to run wild, but that’s just not the place for it.
IMG_2193IMG_2196IMG_2197
By then we were all pretty tired, (WE WALKED 7 MILES) and so Jim and I checked into our hotel, and Cody and Nicole headed back to the suburbs once again. We got all checked in and settled down and just enjoyed not having shoes on for a few hours. There was a Jewish Deli nearby that Jim had heard was A+++ so that’s where we headed for dinner. It was a completely kosher deli, so no dairy products. I had no idea what I was getting myself into, but I put a fat smile on my face and enjoyed my french fries and a few bites of my burger. Jim really enjoyed it, but the smell of the place was making me so sick that I no longer had an appetite. Once we got out of there I felt much better and ended up finishing my dinner later at the hotel.
IMG_2199IMG_2202
IMG_0061IMG_0083
I promise we did bring our kid with us on this vacation. He’s not in many pictures because as soon as we would step outside he would fall asleep in his stroller. Do you blame him?? I wish I had a stroller and foot muff like that. LUXURY!
I’m exhausted just writing all of this, I don’t know how I survived actually doing all of it! I am happy to report that I never woke up with achy feet or tired legs. That’s more than I can say about working at Nordstrom. Buuuut I’m not going to lie. I was one of those girls. You know, the girls that is comfort>Style. I wore my black Uggs every. single. day. and you know what? I would do it again. My feet were dry and warm and you cannot deny the comfort that Uggs provide. I was also in maternity pants most of the time as well. I blame it on my massive placenta!
And if you really can’t get enough of our NYC trip, you can check out Nicole’s rendition of it here! She has better pictures anyway!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Okay I loved everything about this post, but my very favorite part was "[American Girl] was probably a low point in Jim's vacation." Hahaha!! I laughed out loud. That Jim. He's a trooper.