Monday, September 16, 2013

Lucky Number 7

IMG_6933IMG_6955
That sweet boy turned 7 months on Sunday. For whatever reason this one was really emotional for me. After I put my 7 month old baby to sleep at 8 I checked on him twice before I went to bed. The second time I even picked him up and swayed with him, and I may have shed a tear or two. I just want my baby to be protected and stay innocent forever. I don’t want him to grow up, I want him to be a baby, MY baby, forever. But enough from the emotional blubbering mother, lets get to the update.
This month I have seen the most growth from this kid, probably what made me so emotional.
IMG_6861IMG_6883
-We officially have a grocery cart sitter. Mixed emotions here (shocker). He LOVES it! He is all smiles the whole time, and everyone stops to get a smile out of him. I hate that it takes more time to get him in and out of the car, and that his car seat gets hot (this kid is a sweater anyway) but what I hate the absolute most is his need to suck on the cart. It’s so gross! I wipe it with disinfectant wipes before because there is no stopping him.
-On Sept. 12 or 13 we retired the snaggle tooth jokes because he now has a nice pair on the bottom. He’s a pretty good teeth, when the tooth is actually cutting through, but the two weeks leading up to it just avoid him. It’s in your best interest.
IMG_6672IMG_6691IMG_6732
One morning I woke up to a very whiney baby and when I finally looked at him the blanket was stuck on his head. Then he was just a cute little sleeper, and third, sad baby when we first moved in was really sick and needed a humidifier.
-When we moved into our new house Nixon spent one night in our room, and then he was officially kicked out, and ever since has been sleeping through the night. Right before we moved he went from waking up once a night to twice and it was awful. Now I put him down at 8 and he sleeps until 7-8. Again with the mixed feelings because I still wake up and check on him once or twice a night and now he’s waking up an hour and a half earlier than I’m used to. Needless to say, I’m very very very unpleasant in the mornings/when Jim leaves for work. Sooooooooooooorry, Girl needs her sleep.
IMG_6804IMG_6895
His FAVORITE toy is the boogie getter. Why? I have no idea, but he loves it.
-Nixon has become a professional sitter-upper, and he sure loves to sit in front of the mirror. He knows he’s cute, and I honestly think that he believes he’s talking to a friend. He will sit for a good 45 minutes and play with toys and squeal. Cutest. Thing. Ever. And it makes putting on make up or doing my hair a lot more fun.
IMG_6819
-We also switched him the front facing stroller, and shocker, he. loves. it. We take Chief on a walk every night and Nixon will be beside himself upset, screaming me to crazy, and as soon as I put him in the stroller he is happy. He loves going on walks and being outside.
IMG_6963
-It’s only taken 7 months, but chief and Nixon are buddies now. Chief isn’t so skiddish (unless Nixon starts growing while around Chief, also a new trick) and has figured out that Nixon will be his best friend. If I’m holding Nixon on my lap, Chief will walk up and lick his foot, and that gets Nixon excited so he starts kicking and then Chief will back up into me so Nixon is kicking the sweet spot above his tail, and Nixon just laughs and smiles. Best friends I tell you.
IMG_6720IMG_6753IMG_6829
-While we were moving he was a CHAMPION! Seriously I couldn’t have asked him to have a better temper. As soon as he would wake up from a nap I would put him in the car and we would run errands for 2 hours until it was time for the next nap, and then repeat. We put about 700 miles on my car that week, and he was fussy for maybe 20 of them?
IMG_6898IMG_6904
-We moved up a size in clothes. I don’t know why I’ve been holding off, I would just look at the 6-12 month stuff and it looked so big! I put it on him and was shocked that it fit perfect! I feel so bad that I’ve been squeezing him into clothes that are too small and not even realizing it, but those tiny baby tanks melt my heart.


-He still eats every 3 hours, I can’t believe it. He loves baby food, and we also went to the next size up on those. He would probably eat 4 of the little cups at a time if I’d let him. That is, if it’s not peas or green beans, or real bananas mashed. I don’t blame him for the green beans or peas, I hate those too, but he loves the gerber bananas! Why not the real thing?
-Jim is still Nixon’s favorite person and probably always will be. It’s been a sad few weeks around here with Jim being in busy season. There were multiple days that Jim didn’t even see Nixon, but when he did that kid was all smiles and deep belly laugh’s.
IMG_6778IMG_6796IMG_6822
Everything goes straight to his mouth, belt, bottle, toys. Side note: he will only drink a bottle with water, and not milk. But mostly he just loves to chew on it.
-He’s become really good at putting himself to sleep. This has been so hard for me! I hate that he doesn’t need me so much, but I hate even more that I am having a problem with it! If I can’t nurse him to sleep I will just lay him in his crib, hand him his blanket, he will grab it and rub his face, whine maybe 2ish minutes and then play and roll around until he falls asleep (run on sentence much?) Total time? About 15 minutes. I should be jumping for joy, and don’t get me wrong, I am so so so so so happy I don’t have to listen to him scream, but he was ready way before I was and that has been hard. I mean sometimes he doesn’t even cry! Someone slap some sense into me, This momma is EMOTIONAL and mercy it’s annoying.
Like I said, this was the biggest month so far. And Sheeesh, when did I become the baby?
And because this is our favorite video ever…..

2 comments:

Nicole said...

That was so fun to read! Nixon is SO big!!! He is a beautiful boy. The only thing I can think with your emotions is that you're pregnant. ����

Melissa said...

Dang! Is he adorable or what?!