Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Better Late Then Never


Happy father's day to my Daddy!! If anyone know's my dad you obviously know he's the best. He's a perfect gentleman. As far as I can remember my dad has always opened my mom's doors, or go pull the car around. He always told me to wait in the car, or just stand by the car door until the guy I was on a date with would open it for me. I'm pretty sure that he would stand by the window when I would leave and make sure that the guy would open my door.
I love that my dad has made my friends just like part of the family. When I was living in Provo a few summer's ago Shelby and Melissa came to visit. He INSISTED everyday leading up to that point that we needed to take them on a hike to a lake to show them how "beautiful Utah really is". I hate hiking. My friends hate hiking. We thought it would be fun to go out the night before and not get home until like 3 in the morning then wake up at like 7 to meet my dad somewhere for the beautiful hike. It didn't turn out that bad with the help of a Sonic breakfast and a few cokes. At the end we went to these water falls and they were sooooo cool and my dad was a trooper the WHOLE time and took pictures of us. What a trooper of him. What other dad would take aprox. 4929743902834 pictures of his daughter and her friends and then title them "Princess' "? My dad would.

What a stinkin' trooper

Some more stinkin' troopers

My dad is also a pretty good cook. Whenever I come into town I request some odd meal from childhood that I'm obviously too lazy to ever make for myself. Like thin pancakes (not to be mistaken with crepes) or homemade ice cream. You haven't lived until you have had my dad's homemade ice cream. I'm just counting down the days until I'm in Utah and get to indulge in some DELICIOUS homemade ice cream.

Like father like daughter

Most of all I love my daddy because he loves me. He's always pretty much let me do whatever I want, like move to Arizona right after I graduated high school. His 18 year, youngest child, only girl, obviously favorite moved 700 miles away! He supported me all through college up until the day I got married (ok maybe even now my phone might rely on him a little bit :), thanks dad). Whenever I talked about changing majors in School he always talked me out of it because he knew that I am truly passionate about Fashion. He always believed in me and wanted the best for me.
Love this daddy

4 comments:

Single-Mother Land said...

I love this :)

The Bergeson Family said...

Love it! Soo cute! I miss that headband by the way! Why dont you wear it more often???! Love ya babe!

Nicole said...

Love this post!! I completely agree. Your dad IS the best. I honestly can't think of one bad thing about him. I'm so glad I get to be part of the fam!

Paul said...

Love this girl.