Friday, February 1, 2013

The Master

As a very proud wife, I don't feel bad about any mushy gushy that's about to come off my finger tips.

That cute little husband of mine, he sure makes my heart skip a beat.
First of all, let's be honest, he's a babe.
Second, he's easily the hardest worker I know.
He's the perfect example of someone who has worked for everything he has.
He hasn't been handed anything,
he worked for every job he ever had from a young age,
he's gotten promotions at those jobs,
all while having a social life and also going to school.
And today I couldn't be more proud of the way he turned out.

When we got married things were a little scary but I had my googly eye goggles on
and I wasn't worried.
I can't speak for my parents, or anyone else for that matter.
Jim lost his job about a month before we got married.
Not exactly the ideal time to be getting married, but we were determined and blessed and
I can honestly say it was the most simple time in our lives.
I had my first grown up job at Nordstrom working full time,
and he was full time applying for jobs, being a house husband.
I think it was 3 weeks after we got home from our honeymoon and Jim had found a job at Insight.
He was excited because after being home for 3 weeks he was going stir crazy.
The man was made to work.
He enjoys it.
I enjoy that he enjoys it.
He's smart, he's a problem solver, and a get-it-doner.

After working for Insight for a year and becoming really good at his job
he decided it was time to take the next step for his career and get his Masters.
I was scared because you hear terrible stories about husbands who don't see their wives for 2 years
because they are working and studying all the time.
But have I mentioned how smart my husband is?
He said school always came easy to him, he never really had to study until College 
and then he didn't know how to study.
I would have no idea.
He would spend nights writing papers, reading text books, and taking test.
His master's program was a year and a half, and the smarty pants never missed a class,
not ever. I thought he had missed one, but I stand corrected.
and he never got less than an A- in any class. In fact, I think he only got four A-'s, and the rest were A's,
He will be graduating with a 3.89 GPA, and that is pretty stinkin' good.

But on top of the stress of school he had a family to provide for,
and an 8-5 job to do.
I think I said every Thursday "You don't really want to go to school, I know it"
but every Thursday he went straight from work to school.
I may not have said it then, but I sure as heck will now,
I'm glad he went to school every Thursday and didn't give in to my tempting offer's of sitting on the couch watching a movie.

I am so proud of my husband! He has his Master's of Accounting!! 
He's a smarty pants!
And, he's not socially awkward! (like they say accountants are)
In fact, he is more comfortable in social settings than I, 
and he is never awkward (I am super awkward)

So Here's to you, my Master of Accounting,
your baby, Chief and I love you and are all VERY proud of you!!

After my doctor's appointment, headed to his last class, and right after he got home! Officially DONE!!

Now you just have to get through having a baby, yikes, and the CPA!
and I'll let you in on a secret, I'm not even worried about the CPA, you've got it in the bag!!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

You are seriously the cutest!! Congrats to Jim! What an amazing accomplishment.

Nicole said...

I so loved this post. It is so much fun to hear about Jim and his accomplishments. I truly admire anyone who puts themself through school and works hard to be successful. You found a great guy! And I like him even more that he is a Master of Accounting. :) He has a great future ahead of him! Congrats, Jim!!