Sunday, December 12, 2010

A Few Months Over Due

Ok Everyone, here it is. I'm finally here to update our blog. I've been putting this off since... well... October 29. So much has happened in our little lives! I've condensed 2 months of events into one GIANT post with lots of pictures. I hope you make it to the end. That's the good part, but don't skip ahead!

First, Shelby turned 21! Woo Hoo!!! And we went to the fair to celebrate.





Happy Birthday Shelbs!!

Then it was Halloween. We are crazy dog people, but luckily our friends Cj and Savanna are too! We had a little doggy date at there house, went to dinner and watched a movie.




Chief and Scout are actually best friends. As soon as Scout had his submarine outfit on Chief was convinced that he was a chew toy. When it came off they were nice and best friends. But clearly, they were the cutest things ever!!

Thanksgiving is also in November and we were so lucky to be invited to my aunt and uncle's beach house! It was AMAZING! I was lucky enough to have the day before Thanksgiving off so I said YES! TAKE ME TO THE BEACH! and that we did. I couldn't have asked for a better short vacation before the holiday season. It was so great to just spend time on the beach, takes naps, and learn all about Hollywood's addiction to plastic surgery. On thanksgiving we did have to drive home, but not before we ate an AMAZING meal! It was so good and I'd love to give a shout out to Uncle Bob for the AMAZING deep fried turkey, Paige for the guacamole, and also the amount of butter and brown sugar that went into the sweet potato's, Aubry for feeding all of us, Amanda for the cute pie, and Shelley for the Ugg's and Swimsuit, along with making up for our lack of radio on the beach. Need I say more?

Unfaltering for many reasons, reason #1, we just ate.

November was Fabulous for the most part! Chief got parvo and we don't know how, but he survived, and we don't know how. Just kidding, we do know how. We took him to the vet and after a few IV's and some drugs he was back to eating everything and digging in the back yard.

Two weeks after Chief was over his Parvo he was sick again and we didn't even know it. As I was getting ready for work I noticed all these bumps on him that looked like tumors. Naturally I freaked out and went to work. When Jim got home the bumps were way worse but he gave him a bath and they seemed to be going away. Around 10 pm chief threw up the weirdest throw up ever. Completely undigested (TMI?). Anyway we knew he was sick but had to keep packing. Later, around 12:30 he started to throw up again. This time was a different story. It smelled like he threw up poop right out of his mouth, and he did. In the middle of it all was nothing but a AAA battery. That's right, He survived parvo, and then tried to kill himself by eating a battery. Either he's really stupid, or he just hates us! (we know he loves us!)

In my last story I mentioned that we were packing. We got notice awhile ago that The Gingerbread house we were living in was being sold at auction on December 3 so we had until then to move out. We have been looking and looking at houses everywhere trying to find a DECENT one to rent. I said DECENT not perfect, just decent. Two Sunday's ago Jim's mom gave him a call saying there was a family in their ward who had a house for rent that was a little over our budget, but worth taking a look at. Jim had to work so I took Shelby with me to see the house. I had every intention of not falling in love with this house because It was in Mesa (no offence), and it was far from both freeways, and it was over our budget. As soon as I saw it I fell in love. I could see that the yard just needed a little loving with the lawn mower and rake. When we walked inside I knew I couldn't live without it. This house was WAY beyond decent. It was perfect times a million. I know now you are all wanting to see pictures, but I don't have them yet. We are still waiting for the yard to be loved a little more, and for all these rooms to unpack themselves! I do have a picture that our landlord took awhile ago when all the shrubs were managed and she had it decorated all cute.

Isn't it adorable?! Yes I love it. The people who own the house bought it and redid everything on the inside and added onto the back. They then bought another house and did the same thing and are renting this one now! The people who rented before us didn't care for yard work however, and I'm upset about it. But in the next little while we will get things back to looking as good as they do in this picture. I do have some pictures that I took the day we came to look at it. Sorry, I have none with furniture.


Family Room

Dining Room

Spare bath #1

Kitchen

Amazing

Bathroom #2
Master bedroom

Master Bedroom

Master bath

Looking out the master onto the patio

So far I'm OBSESSED with our house. It's perfect in every single way. I just can't wait for the yard to be done. The neighbors tree seems to think our pool is a great place for all of it's leaves. Wrong. Enjoy!!

Ps I did not take the time to reread this, because it is WAY to long. I apologize for any misspellings, and bad grammar.

2 comments:

Single-Mother Land said...

wowzers! poor doggy. life is so good as a dog. I would say it was sheer stupidity that led him to the suicide attempt.
and your house is nicer than ours!!!! hahaha

Nicole said...

Looks like a fun couple months! Your house is so cute. I'm excited to see how you decorate! It was so much fun talking with you at Christmas. We miss you!!!